[Sca-cooks] Period-appropriate cookies and cookie-like substances....

Robin rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 10:46:13 PDT 2005

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> So...cookies I'll bring.  They need to be from a period source, and
> they need to be transportable (I live 5 hours away from the group
> hosting the event).

Two birds with one stone: there is a Florilegium file on cookies and
small cakes, though not all the recipes are period.  In it, you will
find my translation and redaction for bizcochos, from Granado.  They are
anise-flavored and egg-leavened, and belong to the same cookie family as
jumbals.  Everyone likes them, except for people who dislike anise.
Even my dear lord conceded that they were "pretty good for something
with anise".

> Thanks in advance from Maire, who now returns you to your
> regularly-scheduled Sunday mornings....

Saturday afternoon here -- and as soon as the Norse pies are out of the
oven, I'm off to a fighter practice to seek guinea^H^H^H^H^H^H... umm,
tasters

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom