Possums, was: [Sca-cooks] Latin Phrases

rbbtslyr rbbtslyr at comporium.net
Tue May 31 07:00:28 PDT 2005

Contact the local PD and game dept they often love to have some one take road kill deer while the meat is good, you need to gut it and chill it soon, a couple of bags of ice will do that, then butcher it, which isn't that hard to do, you can often get  a lot of meat out of one.  A buddy of mine use to feed his family this way and 2 reenactement groups, the only "meat" he bought was fat to make sausage and hamburger from the deer he would get 5 to 10 every year in N VA and I got the hides from him for tanning.

Kirk

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons, for thou art Chrunchy and Taste Good with Catsup or BBQ Sauce

Liberty Hill, SC Elevation 571 ft

Liberty Hill, SC (Kershaw)
Longitude: 80° 48' 7" W (-80.8019°)
Latitude: 34° 28' 41" N (34.4781°)