[Sca-cooks] OT: Frying Cheese

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Wed Nov 9 12:58:01 PST 2005

I discovered something new at my local HEB (grocery store chain in
Texas) the other day. It is in the cheese section near the Queso
Fresco and other Mexican cheeses. It is HEB brand and is called
Frying Cheese (with a picture of a skillet holding a couple of
slices of cheese in it). It comes in a plain flavor and in Garlic
and Herb. With thoughts of the recent Cheese Goo competition in my
head, I grabbed a package of the Garlic and Herb...not really sure
what to expect.

I got home and read the directions and sure enough, you slice it
into slices and fry it (after spraying the pan with non-stick
spray). It got nice and brown/crispy on the outside and soft on
the inside but never really crossed the line to become goo. It was
really good, but not as good as cheese goo. For those that are on
the Atkins diet, it is great as a cheese sandwich without the
bread! It was kind of like eating flavored hot string cheese.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else wants to try it.

Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net