[Sca-cooks] Math time for feast Prep

cldyroz at aol.com cldyroz at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 09:42:58 PST 2005

OK-feast is in 2 1/2 weeks, and only a mild panic has set in...(yeah, right)
Shopping trip this weekend for the nonperishable items, and I would like to get the recipes firm in my mind-and written down <G>

Luckily, this is only one course-number 3 of 4.

Grilled Lamb on a stick, with bacon and mushrooms
Rice (with broth and almond milk)
Asparagus (fried lightly with onions)
Candied Orange peel.

I figure that 30 lbs of lamb will feed 120 people at 1/4 lb a person. (Sam's has a sale)

15 cups of uncooked rice will yield 60 cups cooked....roughly 120 ounces of uncooked rice, right?

And I would need roughly 240 ounces (30 cups) of broth to cook said rice, or 480 ozs (60 cups)?
(we don't measure at home-we have a rice pot-water to this mark and three scoops to feed three people <G>)

Grocery list for this trip is;

rice
broth
almonds
oranges
Asparagus (canned-fresh is cost prohibitive)
honey

Grocery list for Thursday night before Event;

Lamb
mushrooms
bacon
onions

Charcoal

Already on hand in the Baronial Stores; Spices, S&P, rose water, bamboo sticks.

Now, my question;

For those who are infinently more experienced then I am-how is my math, and how is my list? What am I leaving out?

Oh, the joy of planning one course on a dollar per person....

Helen
Not quite a full-blown panic, yet....