[Sca-cooks] Menu Challenge!!!!!!!!

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Nov 3 05:42:24 PST 2005

Sue Clemenger wrote:
> Maybe this is just Maire-being-Maire, or maybe it's because the FlyLady
> Habit for November involves menus, but I've been struck by this odd idea to
> issue a group challenge, so here goes:
> Can you come up with a whole week's worth of menus (7 days, B/L/D, snacks
> optional), *just* with what you've got in your kitchen/pantry/garden/freezer
> out in the garage? Bonus bragging rights for use of period recipes,
> naturally.
> The menu can be either just for you, the poster, or for everyone in your
> immediate family/household/people you live with.
> If you absolutely have to, you can have one trip to the closest
> market/grocery store, but the total amount spent has to be, oh, $10 U.S.
>
> --Maire, looking to stir things up ;o)

Not at the moment, we can't. Usually we can- we tend to buy for a month
at a time, here, with at least another two weeks' back up supplies, and
just pick up various items like milk or whatever as we need them, but,
due to a series of minor disasters, we've been basicly living out of the
freezer for the last two months, so supplies are super low- don't even
have any fresh garlic ;-)

Will be shopping Saturday, though, and could easily set up menus for the
next month or so, when we're done ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoD