[Sca-cooks] Re: Bake Sale Baklava

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 12:19:59 PST 2005

Martha Oser wrote:

> Jim Davis wrote:
>
>> I just want to find some more of that chocolate fillo dough, so you
>> can do the CHOClava again.  You got a great number of people
>> following you around bowing and scraping at that event, as I  recall
>> . . .
>

> Ooh, what about using Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread) as part of a
> baklava-ish filling?  Mixed with chopped hazelnuts, that could be
> awfully nummy...
> -Helena

That sounds great!  But I'm a hazelnut fan already.

The chocolate fillo was not particularly strongly-flavored but well
colored and appealing to us Chocoholics.  We used plain sugar syrup
rather than honey and chocolate chips for the filling.  Frankly, I think
we should do it again with regular fillo and a good squiggle of
chocolate all over the top, just to make the point.