[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Adventures with Sugar plate (very long, grab some tea and a scone...)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 3 12:54:32 PST 2005

At 11:02 AM 11/3/2005, you wrote:

>  I think the ancients used a better
>distribution system because my cinnamon sticks wound up with yellow
>and brown spots. Trying to spread it around was....unfortunate.
>I also figured it would be best to roll them around a thin dowel. The only
>thin dowel I had was around 4 feet long so this was an adventure in
>itself. But I got better, my tears and curses were a major source of
>amusement to Deana. She seemed to especially like my description of
>my "cinnamon sticks" as skinned spotted sea slugs. I guess the best
>description that can be said for them is they are "Unfortunate Looking".

And what is unfortunate about slugs? Hmm?

The first time I ran for Slug Queen (came in 1st runner-up) I made marzipan
slugs for my 'bribe'. They were banana slugs, yellow with brown spots, with
cloves for the little eyestalks. They were pretty tasty (I like marzipan)
but it was hard to get past the slug-like exterior.

Queen Carmen Slugana :-)