[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Adventures with Sugar plate (very long, grab some tea and a scone...)

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 3 14:52:19 PST 2005

Oh, my gawd, that was the best laugh I've had all day. Maybe all week.
Papa, man, I feel your pain.  I, too, have struggled with evil sugar, in my
case it was the last wedding I will ever cater and the "f**king fond*nt".
Lo, there is no end to the evil of the stuff.
Dust them with more cinnamon, heck, they are cinnamon sticks, right?  Dredge
the bad boys in it, and call it a good job.
Good luck on the rest of the feast, and thanks again for the sharing the
entertainment value of the thing with us.
Christianna

Okay, you mugs made it look way too easy. Since there was
discussion a bit back on making sugarplate mock cinnamon sticks
I decided to give it a try. I mean, how hard can it be to take
play-dough, roll it out, dust it with spices and roll it up? Ta-da!
and I have a groovy little centerpiece for my Tournament of
the Roses display.

You guys suck.

<snip the majority of Gunthar's pain...>