[Sca-cooks] Question, late period Dutch - Pancakes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 3 23:04:40 PST 2005

Serena da Riva asked:
> I am working with a friend on building a printing press.

Ooooh. What kind? Is this a style period for the SCA? What will you
be using for ink and paper?

I'd be interested in having an article on this when you finish it for
the Florilegium. I hope you are taking pictures during the construction.
> Yes, I know, how is this relavent? Well, he came across the following
> quote:
>
> "This Plaster of Paris it tempered fair with Water to the consistance
> of Batter for Pancakes, or somewhat thicker...."
>
> regarding setting the marble slab into plaster of paris. Unless we
> have a better understanding of period Dutch Pancakes - we are kind of
> in the dark here.

Perhaps these two Florilegium files might be of use:
plaster-msg       (16K)  3/17/99    Use of plaster in period.