[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Adventures with Sugar plate (very

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 6 14:28:31 PST 2005

>Well, mainly I wrote with comedic value, but it was pretty annoying. You
>are
>right, it must be some gum paste.
>
>I would think mixing the ingredients into the mix would be the correct
>thing but
>I was following the period example and it said to sprinkle the cinnamon and
>ginger
>powder on after they had been rolled out.
>
>Gunthar

When we make them, we liberally dust the marble slab with a thick layer of
the cinimmon and ginger and roll the sugarplate right on it, turning over
several times to cover both sides.  Then we cut out rectangular shapes and
roll, either on a pencil or free-hand.  I believe I sent you some of the
ones we make up here a couple years ago, didn't I Gunthar?
Olwen