Asparagus (was RE: [Sca-cooks] Math time for feast Prep)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 16 11:19:11 PST 2005

Not sure what your budget constraints are, but fresh can be had for a decent
price if it fits your numbers.  Canned is almost always way inferior to
fresh and frozen in my experiences.

If you can get access to someone with a USFoodservice account in Atlanta
area, you should be able to get approx 12# case for about $27.00 US.  No
specifics about size, so figure 'medium' girth.  Prices can change by the
day, but not by too much without weather or other impact event.  Frozen
comes up about the same cost.  Prices will vary by day and region and actual
sales rep.

item#  42323  ASPARAGUS, GRN FRESH  11-13 lbs  around $27.00
       43189  ASPARAGUS, PNCL SM FRESH SM (pencil sized)  11 lbs    $27.00
      675865  ASPARAGUS, SPEAR MED GRD A  6x2.5#  (15#)    $28.00  (LESS
THAN 2 BUCKS A POUND)

niccolo difrancesco