[Sca-cooks] Report on Thanksgiving experiments...OP

Terri Morgan nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Sat Nov 26 20:05:47 PST 2005

Y'all make me laugh (in chagrin). My turkeys always are *too* moist (well,
the guys say that they're just right). I cook 'em in no special way and
every holiday, they have to be carved, as it were, in the pan because they
fall apart as my husband tries to lift them out. The meat makes great
sandwiches since it's really moist, but the table presentation is down right
embarrassing... the leg bones slide out of the meat and can't be used to
lift them.

I'm at a total loss as to how you manage a tasty bird that doesn't fall
apart.

 (That's rhetoric - my diners tell me that I am NOT to change the way I do
things. They like it the way it is. Neurotic birds - take them out of the
hot and dark oven and they just fall all to pieces.)

Hrothny