[Sca-cooks] Report on Thanksgiving experiments...OP

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 28 10:59:57 PST 2005

> Have I lived all my life without realizing that gravy is some sort of
> big mystery, or is my family just nuts?

Most people don't use meat tea/broth along with the drippings to make
gravy. It's like double-broth soup: it surprises people in a good way.

I don't make gravy, myself: I'm fundamentally unwilling to attempt
anything other than sausage gravy that requires a roux. And I do sausage
gravy only under heavy supervision.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase