[Sca-cooks] olives vs. avocados

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 19:39:21 PDT 2005

  Bear commented:
> I don't recall any pictures of brussels sprouts, but that doesn't
> mean much.
> I keep finding things I missed or misinterpreted (like the large
> olive I
> thought was a small avocado until I got look at a better
> reproduction of the
> painting).

Huh? How can you mistake an olive for an avocado? That sounds like an
awfully small avocado or an really large olive. Or was there nothing
nearby to figure out the scale from? Or have avocados been bred to be
much bigger since the Middle Ages? Where did avocados come from and
when? They aren't a New World plant?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas