[Sca-cooks] To oil or not to oil?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 3 21:36:47 PDT 2005

Gab mentioned
> I use a food grade Walnut oil for my wooden feast gear..it works great
> and is again food grade.

So, is walnut oil one of the oils that won't go rancid? I think I can
easily get that in the grocery or at least the specialty groceries
like Central Market or Whole Foods. I can remember a few years back
trying to find a food-grade wood finish. At lot of those I found
probably were, but the manufacturers weren't going to say they were
because of liability questions.

I also think I forgot to mention this file in the CRAFTS section when
I mentioned files with info on wood finishes yesterday.
wood-utensils-msg (13K)  4/21/00    Making and finishing wooden
utensils, mugs.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas