[Sca-cooks] Re: Rice in a roaster Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu Oct 6 10:52:39 PDT 2005

 Okay this works everytime I have ever done it
 1pt Fat or butter
 1pt Onions finely diced
 2 ,1/2 quarts rice
 1, 1/2 gallons of water or
 1 1/2 gallons of meat or vegetable stock
 Method
 Melt fat add onions and cook for 2 minutes
Wash rice thoroughly in cold water drain well
 Add to melted fat , stir to coat with fat
Cook on top of stove for 5-6 min
add boiling stock Bake in oven until tender ( apox 20 min)
 Do not attempt to prepare baked rice in a larger batch then the one given
above.
 Yields
100 , 3oz servings.

 Cealian Of Moray