[Sca-cooks] period Brussel Sprout recipes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 19:02:10 PDT 2005

Dianne & Greg Stucki wrote:

> Well, they're not my favorite food item, but IF they are not
> over-cooked, and you serve them HOT, with just a little lemon juice,
> they're fine. The instant they become less-than-hot, they are indeed
> table catapults.
>
> Lima beans, OTOH, are a lost cause. They're just nasty.
>
> Laurensa

They're not mine either, possibly because I grew up eating them 'way
overcooked.  However, I did find a recipe that is really great.  I don't
remember quatities, but you steam the sprouts until they are just
tender.  Meanwhile saute onion rings, thyme and garlic in butter.  Take
the sprouts, add them to the sauteed stuff and toss together.  VERY tasty.

Kiri