[Sca-cooks] Raspberries pureed make a fabulous sauce

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 08:25:42 PDT 2005

Garlic, Glorious Garlic!  Someday when I am Queen, my Festival of the
Rose [Caid's semi-annual Queen's event]  will be a Festival of the
STINKING Rose!

Kiri writes:

> And for those lucky souls who live on the West Coast, there's always
> "The Stinking Rose", a wonderful restaurant in San Francisco, with, as
> I understand it, a branch in LA.  Sigh.  My sweetie is going to be in
> San Francisco next week and I'm green with envy...oh well, when I
> retire........

Indeed.  The Los Angeles branch is on the very post Restaurant Row on La
Cienega Boulevard, the former site of Lawry's which moved across the
street about 20 years ago.  The very decor is worth the price of
admission.  The old wine cellar is decorated as "Dracula's Grotto" and
is saved for large parties.  I took a cooking class there with my
garlic-loving da a few years ago and we got a tour of the kitchens,
larger than one would think, very long and thin and going around at
least two sides of the whole building.  Interesting and of course
beautifully scented!

Their cookbook is available on their website:  www.thestinkingrose.com

Selene