[Sca-cooks] canned salmon

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 19 23:33:14 PDT 2005

Cailte mentioned:
> i noticed serena mentioned the good reception to the
> salmon cakes made of canned salmon at the recent feast.  i
> made salmon tarts from canned salmon last winter, and
> people seemed to enjoy them a lot.   said they didn't
> taste or smell fishy.    hmmmph... smelled fishier than
> fillet to me, but hey... i like fish a lot! 8)

Perhaps these Florilegium files might be of interest to you?
salmon-msg        (74K) 10/15/02    Period use of Salmon. Recipes.
fish-msg         (140K)  4/18/05    Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the
SCA.
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.
seafood-msg       (90K) 10/15/04    Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
Shrympes-art      (16K) 10/11/01    "Shrympes" by Lady Constance de
Larose.

All in the FOOD-MEATS section.

Stefan
--------