[Sca-cooks] Boar Meat

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 08:01:07 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/25/2005 5:51:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
voxeight at gmail.com writes:

<<Most people were unaware that it was boar (apparently cannot  read) and
I even got a couple of comments that they loved the beef stew.  Go
figure.>>

The legendary Ras, once a member of this list (has anyone heard from him
recently, by the way???), once served and highly advertised a dish made with
bear meat at an SCA feast.  Not too many people read that one either; Ras
apparently had a Jewish woman come into the kitchen after eating feast to  confirm
what she had just then read on the menu and get peeved at him because  she had
eaten the bear meat and allowed her son to eat it, and bear is  apparently a
Bad Thing.

I've had the same thing happen with ingredients lists.  I'm scrupulous  about
them, even keep the ingredients from the packages of any prepackaged items  I
use, and make the list available at the gate and on the door of the feast
kitchen at the very least, and I ALWAYS have someone asking during the feast if
this or that dish has a particular ingredient in it.

Oh well.  People don't read in mundane life either.  I don't know  how many
times in mundania I've had someone ask me a question that would have  been
answered had they taken the time to read the poster or sign that was  staring them
in the face.

Brangwayna