[Sca-cooks] Boar Meat

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 08:51:57 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/26/2005 11:02:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:
Ras
apparently had a Jewish woman come into the kitchen after eating feast to
confirm
what she had just then read on the menu and get peeved at him because  she
had
eaten the bear meat and allowed her son to eat it, and bear is  apparently a
Bad Thing.
What was she doing not reading the feast menu if she kept kosher? I always
feel that it's my lookout if I have a problem with a particular food. Of course,
this can bite you too, I spent the night on benedryl one evening because the
"Veggie stew" at a feast in the Outlands was made with shrimp and the servers
didn't know and there was no posted menu. Seems the cook was somebody known as
"The Mad Chef" who was apparently known for last second additions to dishes.

Heard the story about this second hand years later, and in THAT version the
person who had the allergic reaction (Me one assumes) was air evaced to the
hospital. <G> For the record, I left in a car when the swelling started and we
got the benedryl at a pharmacy. I slept like a log in the car and in the
crashspace and woke the next morning with no real ill effects.

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
  --Herm Albright