[Sca-cooks]dormouse was Boar Meat

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 26 13:07:04 PDT 2005

A picture of a dormouse with a slash across it.
Think squirrel or chipmunk for a substitute.
Remember I'm the lady who has actually been
to the internationally famous Dormouse Museum in
Slovenia. I have seen real dormice. There's not much
meat on them. How about stewing hamsters?
They are about the same size. If you just label the dish in
the Latin, you can list then beef and no one will ever know
it was originally made with a fatted glis.

Johnnae