[Sca-cooks] paella

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 22:13:51 PDT 2005

Cealian Of Moray asked:

> Anyone know for sure whether Paella is Basque or Spanish? I know its
> development has fallen to the Spanish cousine.
>   I have made several and they are realy great crowd feeders. But I
> am trying
> to find actual documentable period recipees for them. I also realize
> they may have flown under the umbrella as they were primarily a
> peasant food for farm hands.

I'm not sure that I've seen any definative info tracing the dish we
think of as "paella" to our time period. I remember asking about
paella myself in the past. While I don't have a file specifically
dedicated to paella, if you go to the Florilegium and use the search
engine on the top page there, you will find a handful of references.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com