[Sca-cooks] paella

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu Sep 8 09:41:49 PDT 2005

 Actually that's what I am going after is it or isn`t it period. I have
found several shadowy references in historical accounts in the Iberian
peninsula about soldiers, and local populations using shields to cook a meal
upon. The only common thread is grain or legumes. Meats, fowl, sea food ,
ranged depending on where your making the dish. Real thin thread some what
stretched to the breaking point thread. But what is the point of going after
the easy. After all is it not what we are about in the end of things.
Finding out the little bits of reality within the time frame.
 I tend to believe noodles would have been a more modern adaptation. Less
likely to be period then say rice or peas, beans.  Not sure how fast noodles
would have spread form Italy into the Iberian peninsula.
 I have used your Archive so much I think I have set an apartment on the
lower levels. Some day I am hoping to contribute to its mass, who knows
maybe even Paella. Unless of course someone else beats me to it. All is fair
in research after all.
 Yours in service
 Cealian Of Moray