[Sca-cooks] Re: foods not eaten...or shouldn't be

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 03:33:27 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/9/2005 10:24:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
karobert at unm.edu writes:

> I don't think I've ever
> >>had yams baked
> >>with little marshmallows on top, either

*I* have!    I went to Thanksgiving dinner at my (then) boyfriend's house and
his mother served this "stuff".   I asked what it was.  "Candied Sweet
Potatos".   I thought it must be a regional thing..since he's from western Michigan
and I'm from central Pennsylvania (where candied sweet potatoes are REAL sweet
potatoes - or yams- sliced and cooked slowly in butter, brown sugar and
molasses!   I never could bring myself to eat the glop....not even to please my
future mother-in-law!

Etain