[Sca-cooks] RE: 1. Re: Spanish salads? (Robin) Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 28, Issue 96

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 12:00:16 PDT 2005

OH THANK YOU!!!
Brighid, you are truly AMAZING!!!!

Not only leafy green salad with oil and vinegar, but
CARROT STICKS too.  My budget thanks you, my guests
will thank you! my autocrat will thank you! and Im so
far in your debt and just completely in awe of your
skill and dedication in helping a stranger so far
away!

humbly yours
Gwen Cat
less stressed!

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:19:17 -0400
> From: Robin <rcmann4 at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Spanish salads?
> To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>
> Okay.  I looked at a health manual, which merely
> told me that lettuce is
> eaten both raw and cooked.  A carving manual told me
> how to cut it.  The
> "Obra de Agricultura" by Gabriel Alonso Herrera
> (1551) was more
> helpful.  The long chapter on lettuce is mostly what
> you would expect
> from an agricultural handbook -- planting times,
> best kind of
> fertilizer, etc.  However, the following two
> sections may be of help:

all kinds of wonderful stuff snipped<