[Sca-cooks] OT - Picking up the Pieces

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 4 10:04:41 PDT 2005

On 9/4/05 8:12 AM, "kingstaste at mindspring.com" <kingstaste at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> This message just came through on one of my lists, it is from a lady in
> southern MS.  There were a couple of comments in it I wanted to share.
> Christianna
>
> I just got back on line. The power came back about 9pm.
> My family use to make fun of my SCA "stuff" until I set up a camping
> site with kitchen and candles. It is not so funny now.

Ha!  A lot of central Caid can say the same about the day or three after the
'94 Northridge Earthquake.  Including some of the most sumptuous shelters on
the block.  <guffaw!>  And there's this thing about knowing how to cook
sumptuous stuff on camp stoves that you don't learn on Scouting trips.

Selene