[Sca-cooks] OT - Picking up the Pieces

Jim Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 4 11:07:40 PDT 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Susan Fox wrote:

> On 9/4/05 8:12 AM, "kingstaste at mindspring.com"
> <kingstaste at mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>

>> This message just came through on one of my lists, it is from a
>> lady in
>> southern MS.  There were a couple of comments in it I wanted to
>> share.
>> Christianna
>>
>> I just got back on line. The power came back about 9pm.
>> My family use to make fun of my SCA "stuff" until I set up a camping
>> site with kitchen and candles. It is not so funny now.
>>

> Ha!  A lot of central Caid can say the same about the day or three
> after the
> '94 Northridge Earthquake.  Including some of the most sumptuous
> shelters on
> the block.  <guffaw!>  And there's this thing about knowing how to
> cook
> sumptuous stuff on camp stoves that you don't learn on Scouting trips.

Well, didn't your brother say once that if something like that
happened again, he wanted to be with you because you knew how to "do
stuff?"  I'm just amazed that he didn't know enough about the issues
except to call it "stuff."

Of course, for the Northridge quake, we still had New Years'
leftovers -- I remember the caviar and salmon paté, particularly.

Jared