[Sca-cooks] OOP--Smoothie recipes....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Sep 4 20:11:25 PDT 2005

At 08:08 PM 9/4/2005, you wrote:
>"to make a breakfast smoothie...."
>At any rate, I've got this weird jones to make breakfast smoothies for
>myself for a while, and I don't have a clue as to proportions, etc. Have
>purchased bananas, strawberries, fresh peaches, and have milk, nonfat
>vanilla yogurt, and various sweeteners and spices.
>Anybody got any good recipes they'd care to share?
>--Maire, feeling adventurous ;o)

I'm not crazy about the texture in the morning, but my daughter Rotrude
does smoothies for breakfast. She told me recently of a fun thing she does-
her refrigerator is one of the way-teeny dorm frig sort, and has a freezer
space big enough for about a popsicle. So she can't really keep ice cream.
What she does, when she gets sorbet, is to put what is left (of a pint)
into the door of the frig, and she adds it to her breakfast smoothie the
next morning. She says it's yummy and she has no guilt of wasting food.

'Lainie, who has been grooving on fresh peaches and nectarines...