[Sca-cooks] The noise of modern life NOW CookBook Drive

Martinsen at ansteorra.org Martinsen at ansteorra.org
Wed Sep 7 06:39:54 PDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 01:46:43 -0500
  Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Vitha commented:
>> The thing I remember the most was the silence of no
>>compressors, no
>> hum of the electrical lines.  It was almost spooky.
>
> Have you been to Pennsic? I think there have been two
>major power  outages during different Pennsics, and
>except for a few "street  lights" near the central
>buildings and such, it was hard to know  there was a
>major regional blackout going on.

I was at that Pennsic.  I remember hearing about the
outage and thinking how glad I was that I was at Pennsic
and not at home.  I'm a mountain camping girl at heart,
but after living on the east coast for a few years, you
forget what silence is.

On the cooking/relief front:  How many of us have multiple
copies of the same cookbooks?  Maybe we can get a running
tally together of "available" books to help replace some
of the destroyed collections from our folks.  I think I
have 2 copies of Sabina...Must look.  Might make a good
Thanksgiving idea.

Kerri Martinsen
Hrosvitha von Celle
kerrimart at cablespeed.com