[Sca-cooks] re Nuts; The Walnut

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 11 18:49:45 PDT 2005

Daniel asked:
> Does anyone have any information regarding period recipes for pickled
> walnut, marmalade or walnut preserves?  Has anyone tasted any of
> these?  How about walnut brandy?

Thank you for the quote. I've seen mention of green walnuts before,
but never had any description or directions.

Doing a search on the Florilegium, it looks like there may be recipes
for using, or at least references to the cookbooks where they can be
found in these Florilegium files:
nuts-msg         (116K)  9/11/04    Nuts, acorns, nut flours in
medieval foods.
vegetarian-msg    (77K) 12/15/04    Medieval vegetarianism. Lenten
foods.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas