[Sca-cooks] Need Spanish suggestions

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 09:32:38 PDT 2005

To all who sent Spanish suggestions, Thank you so
much.

Kiri-hime,
Would you share your almond sweetmeat or is it too
Arabic, not Spanish enough?  The link is wonderful,
and Im really interested in playing with the rice
casserole (rice, cheese, meat, bake it, top with eggs
and cheese and bake some more
.)  The Moorish stew is
interesting too, but goat or mutton would be
prohibitive on my budget.  Would beef bee too much of
a stretch?  What is the Spanish take on pork?
(anybody? Anybody? Buehler?)

Wise Johnnae,
do you know how long it would take if I were to order
the Madrone booklet?  It looks most useful, but I have
less than a month before the lunch, and probably 10
days to finalize the menu.

Most gracious Serena,
Those recipes sound great and functional.  Would you
serve the meat stew on the chickpeas? Or on rice?
Also, while Colorado is landlocked and I can not do a
lot of seafood, I may be able to include one fish
dish, though I just had my estimated numbers upped to
150, but the budget only went up $50, so I will have
to tap dance a little more than originally planned.
However, salmon does come on sale here fairly
regularly, so would you be willing to share that
recipe also?

Brighid, Thank you for that wonderful translation, and
for the carrot pie.  No worries about the lack of
capitals.  So is it more of a ‘sweet’ or more like a
quiche? Or a veggie?  Im trying to balance the menu,
at least in planning.  I will have to make a test run
on all the things I select of course.

Final question, I would like to include a sweet or
dessert like thing
 Did they do fresh fruit as well as
the marzipans, conserves, and sweetmeats?

Thanks again for indulging and enlightening me.

In Service
Gwen Cat