[Sca-cooks] Speakin' of Pots 'n Pans

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 12:19:35 PDT 2005

Maggie MacDonald wrote:

> I have a set of that particular line of pots and pans. They're quite
> nice.
> After a couple of years of using it I have one question, Why do they
> insist that you hand wash it????
> If its so hard surfaced, what's the problem with a dishwasher??
>
> My only complaint about this line of pans is that they are a little
> heavy.  When I was recovering from abdominal surgery and not allowed
> to lift more than 5 lbs these pans were not an option for cooking in.
> They are _VERY_ sturdy, but once you add the weight of the food to the
> weight of the pan, lifting it was more adventure than I was ready for.
>
> Cheers,
> Maggie MacD.

Yeah, I know what you're saying.  With the larger pots, I have to get my
husband to pick them up.  However, they are a marvel to cook with...food
cooks evenly, even on a gas range.  However, I do have to use a "flame
tamer" for things that I want to simmer at a really low heat.

Not being a metallurgist, I have no idea why they have to be washed by
hand.  I can only guess that the harsh soaps and high temps in the
dishwasher might damage the anodized surface.

Kiri