[Sca-cooks] Speakin' of Pots 'n Pans

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 14 13:22:14 PDT 2005

I think that certain detergents made for dishwashers
might pit them if they sat with a detergent spot on them
for an extended period of time. It's easier for
the company to advise handwashing rather than
go into all the do this, don't do that instructions as regards dishwashers.

http://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/consumer/jhtml/useAndCare.jhtml

lists the use and care instructions. It says
<>Cleaning
Do not clean Calphalon hard-anodized cookware in a dishwasher.
Dishwasher detergents will damage the surface. Dishwasher use will void
your Lifetime Warranty.

Johnnae