[Sca-cooks] Books

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Sep 18 07:04:48 PDT 2005

 Greetings
  I don`t know about Cooking for Crowds for Dummies you might be right.
Anyway I use a book called
100 to Dinner printed 1960 university of Toronto  isbn 0-8020-1115-2. It was
designed for crowds of 100-125 . Authors E.Middleton/ M.Ransom Carter/ A.
Vierin
  Yes it is a modern book but it is relatively simple for most experienced
cooks to replace modern recipes with  period ones. Gives inexperienced cooks
something to work with as far as feeding crowds go . Reference tables for
measure and cooking times are extremely accurate. Discusses much more then
simple recipes as well from Banquets - breakfast for 100-125 people.
 If your cooking for large crowds often, I recommend it very highly, at
least as a reference book.  I am on my third copy, as mine travels with me
to camps, and feasts.
 Cealian Of Moray