[Sca-cooks] in the thick of it...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 04:40:47 PDT 2005

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> You don't mention these books, but for info on whether a particular
> plant or food item was eaten in Anglo-Saxon England, I would
> recommend these books by Ann Hagen:
>

> Hagen, Ann. A HANDBOOK OF ANGLO-SAXON FOOD. Processing and
> Consumption.  Anglo-Saxon Books, Nisslwawx, England. 1992.  This is
> not a cookbook per say, but a book about Anglo-Saxon food and
> foodways.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
>
> Hagen, Ann. A SECOND HANDBOOK OF ANGLO-SAXON FOOD & DRINK: PRODUCTION
> & DISTRIBUTION. Anglo-Saxon Books. 1995.  An excellent book about the
> foods available in that time period, and information on how they were
> eaten. Not a cookbook, but good information about the food and
> foodways.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
> <<<
>
> Stefan

I have both of these books and have found them very helpful.  I can't
remember where I got them, but you can probably get them from Devra at
Poison Pen Press.  If she doesn't have them, try using
www.addall.com...they search a whole bunch of book stores and usually
can find what you're looking for.

Kiri