[Sca-cooks] easy bread recipe?

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 05:16:43 PDT 2005

Mundanely speaking, I worked in the kitchen of an
small school a few years back.  Pretty much the main
thing on how much can you make at once would be how
much space do you have for rising and baking.  Also,
how big a bowl do you have?  The school I worked at
had the industrial mixer with the big bread hook.
They made a lot. Enough of those yummy school rolls
for about 600-and she made them almost every day.

  Also, goes without saying, use weights for measuring
especially with that large a quantity of bread.  It's
easy to use cups and so forth with a single or double
batch, but not something I would want to do for large
quantities of bread.

 Anytime I have made bread for a crowd-I have cheated,
used my bread maker and just did an assembly line.  I
only have the one oven at home, so therefore I am
limited on space.  (July I made 12 large herb
breads-bundt pan size, along with 30 mixed grain bread
loaves about 9 inch diameter)

Alexa

--- "Lonnie D. Harvel" <ldh at ece.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Greetings again!
>  > Question: How big of a batch of dough can you
make