[Sca-cooks] Re: easy bread recipe?

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Fri Sep 23 05:36:21 PDT 2005

Guess the quantity of batches depends on the equipment & space you have to
knead and let the dough rise.  In my little kitchen, I only work in double
batches at a time.   I will post the Grandma recipe for oatmeal bread later
today, gotta get to work  :(   not so  period, as it calls for molasses, but
I have substituted honey with good results, and the type of oats (rolled vs
steel cut) doesn't matter either.

Caointiarn

> A couple days ago, I found out that the kitchen I will be cooking in  next
weekend has a convection oven. Since I had not planned on this oven, I am
contemplating making bread for the feast. I would need about 45 medium size
loaves. I am looking for a fairly simple recipe, preferably including oats,
that could be taken on by a couple of willing and relatively competent
helpers.

> Question: How big of a batch of dough can you make at once. I fairly OK
with single and double batches, but have never ventured beyond that.