[Sca-cooks] easy bread recipe?

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Sep 23 07:49:30 PDT 2005

You can also prepare the dough ahead of time, let it rise
once, shape it into loaves and then freeze em off.
Then all you have to do is leave them out to thaw and then
rise in a warm place on the day of the feast, until they
double, and then put them into the oven.

This leaves your crew available to do other things besides
fuss with bread, and lets you make the dough at home in
smaller batches.

You can also order bread dough already made up and ready
to shape from your local bakery. I did this with my local
Stop and Shop, and just picked it up the morning of the
feast. They even let me adjust one of their recipes to
make up the order (the lady in charge of the bakery said
it was nice to have something different to work on).

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing

-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas
- Help! I am being pecked to death by the Ducks of Dilletanteism!
There are SO damn many more things I want to try in
the SCA than I can possibly have time for.
It's killing me!!!

Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
To sounds confused; behold the threaden sails,
Borne with the invisible and creeping wind,
Draw the huge bottoms through the furrow'd sea,
Breasting the lofty surge: O, do but think
You stand upon the ravage and behold
A city on the inconstant billows dancing;
For so appears this fleet majestical,
Holding due course to Harfleur.
  - Shakespeare - Henry V, Act III, Prologue