[Sca-cooks] easy bread recipe?

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 09:13:10 PDT 2005

> If this is a table top unit it should fall in the 10-12 quart range.  If it
> is a floor mixer, check to see what size it is.  You may be able to make
> your dough in one or two passes.  Hobart's usually ship with a dough hook
> and I really don't recommend trying to make dough without it.  The results
> can be--interesting.

Greetings,

Having used this site within the last 2 weeks I am very familiar with
it's pros and cons. It is a table-top jobbie (the 10 - 12 qt is prlly
right). We looked and were only able to find the paddle attachment for
mixing. There might be a hook - but I would not count on it.

> >> What size is the convection oven?
> > It is a "commercial convection oven". I have not seen it.
> >

> See it before you lay your bets.  Make sure it runs.  Check the temp with an
> oven thermometer.  The site I normally prepare meals at I have two standard
> ovens and a convection oven and I don't trust any of them.

It is one of the kind that are on legs to bring the cooking space up
to eye level. It fits 5 full sized sheet pans (but this puts them with
about 2 1/2 inces clearance in between. For baking I would say you
could fit 3 sheet pans to allow for rise). Unfortunately the site only
has about 8 sheet pans so we end up doing a good bit of staging on
plastic cafeteria trays and transferring when sheets become available.
There is no parchment paper provided.

It is relatively accurate on temperature. I always use an oven
thermometer. The other ovens on site - heh!

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva