[Sca-cooks] [OT][OOP] Pennsic Customs Question

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 24 12:54:29 PDT 2005

	While you can get a Grimm's rental tent to camp in, they are sold as
"shade, not shelter" and you never know what the condition of one will be
when you get there.  I have known many folks that had to go get a blue tarp
to put up inside their tent to keep wind and water out.  You can probably
find someone that is willing to share tent space or bring a small tent for
you, especially if they get you to pre-register your space within their land
allottment.  There are plenty of allied households, as a matter of fact,
most of the camping allottment goes to group camps.  There is a specific
amount of camping set aside all over the camp for single campers as well, so
you need not be one of the main groups, although if you have an idea of a
particular area you'd like to camp in, going with the group in that area is
recommended.  We have a lovely spot by the lake, and if you don't mind
camping on a hill, we usually have space for a single camper or 3.
	Merchanting is another question, and you will probably want to get together
with someone that will let you have a corner of their booth space to set up
your service area in.  If you know merchants that usually sell there that
would be a good place to start, if not, try going through a listing of
merchants that are there and writing to them to ask if they would be willing
to let you set up and do your thing within their booth space.  If/when you
find a willing merchant, you might pursue the camping question with them.
There are folks there that do hair braiding and such, it seems like your
services would be well matched with some of them.
	Now is a good time to be making these sorts of plans, as opposed to waiting
until next Spring.
	You are welcome to write me off-group if/when you have further questions.
	Christianna
	kingstaste at mindspring dot com