[Sca-cooks] Re: Dayboard

Lady Ro ladyro at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 18:03:06 PDT 2005

Can't tell you by weight, can suggest amounts (learning curve from Atlantian
Crown Tourney May 05).

Hard boiled Eggs:  4 dozen.  They will either do or they won't, but what is
left over can be recycled into eggs salad after the event, or even used at
dinner, if enough.

Pasties - plausibly period, possibly even period.  Get pierogie presses,
make your dough ahead of time, precook.  I would suggest 150 (3 per person
on a 2 bite pastie).  If you have a grill you can bring, these can be
reheated if the day is cold in an aluminium foil wrapped box.  If the days
is warm, cold is good.  I'd suggest 2/3 - 1/2 ratio of non-veggie to veggie.
We did Lady Cordelia fitzRobert of York's redaction of mushrooms of the
first night, and added ground beef with just a little sauce (tomato - not
trying at that point to produce a period food, and they were specially
requested after being sampled at a wedding reception.)

Cold fruit.  Raw veggies didn't play well, jellied milk would have been a
nice touch (thought of it way to late.).

If you can have a grill there, then sausages on a skewer, figure 2 per
person.

Has this event been done before?  IF so, get past Troll numbers and do a
down and dirty estimate of the number you are likely to get.  Try to get 3-4
times that amount of bottled water.  If you have it, it will go.....

Send your most persuasive speaker to stores to get the bottled water
donated.  Make copious use of the phrases Tax deductible, 501(c)(3)
educational group., receipt for donation.

Good Luck!

Ro, who will NEVER EVER do this again.

I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will alway
eventually triumph and there is a purpose and worth to each and every life.