[Sca-cooks] Rebundt cake contest

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 20:56:33 PDT 2006

In a message dated 04/18/2006 2:10:49 PM Central Daylight Time,

<< Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:06:42 -0400
 From: Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
 Subject: [Sca-cooks] Bundt Cake Contest

 Nordic Ware is doing a contest.
 Starts May 1 and runs until Sept.
 http://www.nordicware.com/anniversary/contest/index.cfm

 To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Nordic Ware, the "Bundts Across
 America™" recipe contest will be held throughout the summer of 2006.
 Bakers from around the country will be asked to submit Bundt recipes
 that reflect their state, i.e. a submission from Georgia could be a
 "peach" themed cake.

 **Oh, my. Alabama is a Rocket State (Huntsville is home to Redstone arsenal,
a NASA training site), the state flower is the Camilla, the State Wildflower
is the Oak Leaf Hydrangea, we have the end of the Appalachian Mountain range,
7 separate climates from Mountains to sub-tropic, the Iron works in the
Birmingham area (home of the largest iron sculpture, Vulcan) beautiful white sand
beaches, Strawberries and Peaches....
A Rocket Man Cake? Vulcan in Bundt cake?

Helen
Mind is boggling, just boggling