[Sca-cooks] Verjus

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 07:48:18 PDT 2006

Yup, we tend to buy them out of their last case or two
every year when an event is held just a few miles from
the winery.  Our Beltane celebration.  I have also
found an alternate source of very fine artisanal
verjus that is made by a very nice lady in Sonoma.
It's called Terra Sonoma and can be found here:

http://www.terrasonoma.com/

BTW, the Navarro verjus is actually a gewurztraminer
grape, not a chardonnay.  They also make a pinot noir
version which is a red rather than a white.

Eibhlin, Baroness of Vinhold (Napa, CA), which would
explain the persnickitiness of the grape thing.  ;)

I know this comes up every once in a while, but my
favorite
commercially available Verjuice is Navarro's
Chardonnay Verjus (2005).

http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/productdetail.php?prodid=489#

  There's a nice recipe link there, too.

  Duriel
  (oh, how I miss small California wineries!)