[Sca-cooks] Making use of a real butcher

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 22 00:30:20 PDT 2006

Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> said:
  ====
So, unless you're really interested in the experience of making
them, my recommendation is to find a small or artisan butcher who's
willing to help you out.  Some of them are willing to make a fairly
small
quantity to order and not charge excessively.

(Actually, to tell the truth, most people don't
make good use of their butcher, so they're often quite delighted to
be asked for something special. )
====

Back in the early days of this group, Adamantius had some useful info
on making use of your local butcher. He had some good info on
building up a relationship with the butcher rather than just showing
up suddenly and wanting a bunch of special work done for a feast. I
think if you followed his advice, you would have little problem with
your local butcher being willing to make your sausages.

See this file in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium:
HC-butchers-art   (13K) 10/ 4/97    For Headcooks - How to work with
your local
                                        butcher.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/HC-butchers-art.html

Stefan