[Sca-cooks] feast booklets

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 27 22:08:26 PDT 2006

Giano replied to Bear with:

Am Samstag, 22. April 2006 06:37 schrieb Terry Decker:
 > For my most recent feasts, I have prepared a feast book with original
 > recipes and adaptions as the feast token.  It can get expensive,
 > but it can
 > be handled as a cost to be budgeted or finding a donation.

True, but unfortunately we have a problem with spiralling cost over here
anway. Unless we can get a site subsidised or 'free' (the
Scandinavians often
can), we have to economise where we can to keep the fee from being about
double what it would have been five years ago. Feast budgets have had
to take
cuts, and in that situation I'd rather spend the money on food than
paper.

I'd still like to do it properöy one day, though.
<<<<

Ohhhh. Thank you. This is the first I've heard of this. Stuff like
this from Drachenvald doesn't often filter back to here.

Perhaps you could sell the booklets to those that would be
interested? I know that I often would be.

In my barony, we get our newsletters copied for free at a local copy
center. They've done this for a number of years. We've recently been
experimenting with eliminated mailed subscriptions and handing out
the newsletters at fighter practices and meetings which further
decreases  our costs. Perhaps you can find a copy center that would
be willing to donate the copying. I'm not sure if we get both the
paper and the copying for free or just the copying.

Also I know that several folks in my barony, including myself, can
copy limited amounts of material at work for free, provided we don't
overdo it. Perhaps you have folks in your group who can do the same.

Unfortunately, we don't have the option of renting real castles and
such here, no matter what the cost. :-(

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas