[Sca-cooks] My Experimental Savory Cheesecake

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Thu Apr 27 22:34:38 PDT 2006

Well, I tried my intended recipe, and it came out quite tasty, if a bit
tenderer than I had anticipated, almost like a custard. Two things I need to
do to improve it, I think- beat the mix more thoroughly (I can't find the
hand mixer, so I was mixing by hand. Need to do more, next time) and bake it
a little less.

Chocolatl Chip Cheese Cake

Crust

1 pkg corn chips, about 13 oz
2 sticks melted butter

4 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 c creamed corn
1/4 c chopped hot peppers (I used red and green jalepenos)
4-5 eggs, depending on if you have Banties or not ;-)
1 c chocolate chips

For the crust, crush the corn cips. If you run half through a blender, and do
the rest as fine as you can conveniently can by hand, you get a nice mix of
crumbs and tiny chips- makes a nice texture. Mix thoroughly with the melted
butter, and use the flat bottom of a glass to evenly spread on the bottom of
your (large) springform pan.

Soften the cream cheese, either by leaving it out, or by gently nuking it.
Mix in the creamed corn and the chopped hot peppers thoroughly. Add the eggs
a bit at a time, mixing thouroughly. Gently add in the chocolate chips, until
they're throughout the mix.

Pour gently into the springform pan, trying not to disturn the corn chip
crust.

Bake at 350 for about an hour and 15 minutes, removing when the center is
almost firm.

Cool in the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.

Right tasty. I swiped a piece before it was thoroughly cool, to taste, and I
think I'll have some for breakfast tomorrow AM.

Phlip