[Sca-cooks] The apprentege, Adamantius and Drakey

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 06:34:40 PST 2006

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Kiri mentioned:
> >>>
> The lady who was to become my "apprentege" was chopping mint and
> managed to
> slice off a piece of her finger along with the mint!  The amazing thing
> was that she didn't panic, wrapped up the injury, made sure that any
> mint that had touched the blood was removed and cleaned up her work
> space...all before really letting us know what had happened.
> <<<
>
> Oh my!
>
> I think it is probably a good thing that your "apprentege", Adamantius
> (the guy that dives into hot convection ovens) and Drakey (Well, it's
> Drakey. Enough said) live a goodly distance apart. Just think of them
> working in the same kitchen.... :-)
>
> Well, there is this Florilegium file. If these three are going to be
> working somewhere together, and we know far enough in advance, we can
> start special training sessions...
>
> 2b-Chirurgeon-art (18K)  6/30/02    "So you want to be a Chirurgeon"
>                                         by Philippa Ferraria.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/2b-Chirurgeon-art.html
>
> Stefan
Now that is a truly scary thought!  I think I'll keep her here where she
can't get into any more trouble.  But truthfully, she is an incredible
apprentege...she has been trained as a professional cook so knows lots
of neat shortcuts, etc. for shopping and cooking.  She's done two feasts
now, both of which were very successful.  She's also an excellent
costumer...has a Russian persona.

Kiri