[Sca-cooks] Lutefisk and strange dreams...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 01:49:41 PDT 2006

Yummmmm.... pickled herring... Which kind?

My Prussian grandmother who also lived by the shore of the Baltic, just the other side, also made
delicious pickled herring [the wine version] and absolutely scrumptious röllmops!  Unfortunately,
by the time I got interested in making either, my grandmother had ceased to cook and her memory
was no longer reliable... Sigh.  But one day, I hope, I will stumble on a recipe that will
come close...

Huette