Cheese Goo was Re: [Sca-cooks] What happened to the archives?

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 08:46:36 PDT 2006

From: "Anne-Marie Rousseau" <dailleurs at liripipe.com>
> Its so funny....first time I had STC other than here in Madrone, I was
> flummoxed...THIS? this is cheese on veggies! See, here, STC is an open
> faced toasted cheese sandwhich.
>
> I went back and re-read the recipe and realized that it really could be
> interpreted either way, its just that it had never occurred to me to
> think of the veggies as anything other than the garnish the people in
> that period were so fond of.
>
> Wild :)
>
> --Anne-Marie
> ps...there's a very similar ramekins of cheese in la Varenne. Yum :)

Yes, that's usually the way it's served here in Atlantia.  However, some folks recently have done it more as a fondue with bread and meat.  The only version I haven't been quite able to understand are those who use cheddar cheese as one of the cheeses...IIRC, the original clearly calls for a white cheese...and I think it's a soft white cheese.  Now I know that there is a white cheddar, the time I saw it done, they used regular orangey-yellow cheddar!

But yes, it probably is the Atlantian National Dish!

Kiri